Facebook Privacy 101 – For Those Who Have No Time
I know of some friends who would not go onto facebook for fear of going "public". On the other hand there are those who would openly post anything on their (and others') walls! Because social media is evolving so quickly, "early" adopters are jumping onto it before paying careful consideration to the "what", "why", "how" and "what ifs" of using it in the first place.
I think social media is a great platform for connecting and communicating with friends and family and even your tribes. However you will need to have a social media strategy in place for using it and the basic consideration would be to have your privacy settings properly looked into. This is a non-negotiable.
- How do you avoid the "Photo and Video Tags" by others?
- How do you make your contact information private (I am big on maintaining email privacy and permission based emailing)?
- And How do you control who can access your albums and photos?
Watch this short video and get an overview of what you can control.
For more information on facebook privacy check this out:
1. http://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.php -Screen shots to help you configure you "Basic Directory Information" and "Sharing on Facebook"
2. http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-privacy-2009-02 10 basic privacy settings to consider.
3. More on the "how" of set up
If we post responsibly and control our settings, I do not see why we should shy away from using facebook as a tool to communicate and connect. For more tips on using facebook, stay tuned. To stay in touch with updates of new videos and tips you can sign up to be on my VIP priority list or subscribe to the Abundant Lives Coaching page. You will find lots of useful tips and inspiring posts/articles prepared for you that may not be made available to the general public.
If you find this helpful feel free to press "share" or "like" at the end of the post. I am sure someone will be glad you share this with them.